Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Week Later

     It has been a while since I last posted, and almost a full week since I presented my Festival of Spectacle. We had to include all four sections of the class into the presentation, visualization, performance, ideation, and sound. A whole two in half months have passed since we learned that we had to work on this project.  Since it is the first year for the class, the directions for the project were a little vague, but I think that left it open for all the dimensions in our creativity. So here's what my project turned out to be.
     I worked by myself and tried to get into character for my performance. I worked really long on the project because I wanted it to be real. I wanted it to draw emotion from the viewers. I know that is asking for a lot, but I really wanted to grasp that idea and use it. So I was a boy who wrote words down on a paper (that I drew before this). However, I started by looking into a "mirror"(an outline of my body that I drew pictures in for visualization). I held up signs that said. Dear Mom, I hate you for making me doubt myself, for not accepting who I am.
     Then I ended up screaming into a pillow after not being able to put together my tie. Then I tied my other tie and went to a small prop I set down in to the middle of the floor. That's when you see that it is a funeral for my mother. After that I used black letters to spell out "I forgive you". I know it doesn't sound as good when I am writing it, but I really tried to pull something real out of the experience.
     At the end, I wore a t-shirt that said I support same sex marriage and I had a rainbow flag. I guess you can connect the dots. I really enjoyed this, but I am really nervous about what is going to happen next, especially since technology is involved (I am so bad with technology).
     Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment